The GATE Grind

GATE Solid State Physics: superconductivity: type-I and type II superconductors, Meissner effect, London equation, BCS theory, flux quantization. – Previous Year Questions

4 GATE previous year questions on superconductivity: type-I and type II superconductors, Meissner effect, London equation, BCS theory, flux quantization. (Solid State Physics, Physics) with answers and explanations, from every paper.

  1. GATE 2022 PH Q44 (2 marks, Multiple choice) – At T = 0 K, which of the following diagram represents the occupation probability P(E) of energy states of electrons in a BCS type superconductor?
  2. GATE 2026 PH Q31 (1 mark, Numerical answer) – Consider a metal-superconductor junction connected to a dc voltage V. At T< Tc, where Tc is the superconductor’s transition temperature, the current I…
  3. GATE 2025 PH Q47 (2 marks, Multiple select) – Which of the following option(s) is/are correct for a Type I superconductor?
  4. GATE 2024 PH Q57 (2 marks, Multiple select) – A material behaves as a superconductor below a critical temperature Tc and as a normal conductor above Tc. A magnetic field B⃗ = Bẑ is applied when T>…