GATE Linear Algebra: Eigenvalues, eigenvectors and determinant – Previous Year Questions
7 GATE previous year questions on Eigenvalues, eigenvectors and determinant (Linear Algebra, Data Science and Artificial Intelligence) with answers and explanations, from every paper.
- GATE 2024 DA Q13 – Consider the matrix M = bmatrix 2 & -1 \\ 3 & 1 bmatrix. Which ONE of the following statements is TRUE?
- GATE 2024 DA Q35 – Consider the 3 3 matrix M = bmatrix 1 & 2 & 3 \\ 3 & 1 & 3 \\ 4 & 3 & 6 bmatrix. The determinant of (M2 + 12M) is .
- GATE 2025 DA Q13 – The sum of the elements in each row of A Rn n is 1. If B = A3 - 2A2 + A, which one of the following statements is correct (for x Rn)?
- GATE 2025 DA Q28 – Let A = I n + xx, where I n is the n n identity matrix and x Rn, x x = 1. Which of the following options is/are correct?
- GATE 2026 DA Q21 – Let M = pmatrix & \\ - & pmatrix be a 2 2 matrix, where = 25, and I 2 = pmatrix 1 & 0 \\ 0 & 1 pmatrix. Which of the following options is equal to…
- GATE 2026 DA Q46 – Let 1, 2, 3 be the eigenvalues of the matrix bmatrix 1 & 0 & 0 \\ 0 & t & t \\ 0 & - t & t bmatrix, where t [-, ] is in radians. Which one of the…
- GATE 2026 DA Q65 – Let A = (I n - 1n11T) be a matrix, where 1 = (1, 1, 1, , 1)T Rn and I n is the identity matrix of order n. The value of x S xTAx, where S = \x Rn xTx…