The GATE Grind

GATE Plant, Animal and Microbial Biotechnology: Microbes: Production of biomass and metabolites, biofuels, bioplastics, enzymes, antibiotics, recombinant proteins, clinical, food and industrial microbiology – Previous Year Questions

5 GATE previous year questions on Microbes: Production of biomass and metabolites, biofuels, bioplastics, enzymes, antibiotics, recombinant proteins, clinical, food and industrial microbiology (Plant, Animal and Microbial Biotechnology, Biotechnology) with answers and explanations, from every paper.

  1. GATE 2021 BT Q37 (2 marks, Multiple choice) – Match P amylase, Q invertase, R pectinase and S xylanase to: 1 laundry detergent, 2 fruit-juice clarification, 3 liquefaction of sucrose, 4 pulp and…
  2. GATE 2022 BT Q23 (1 mark, Multiple choice) – Match the microbial product (Column I) with its respective application (Column II). Column I Column II --- --- P. Methane 1. Biosurfactant Q.…
  3. GATE 2026 BT Q24 (1 mark, Multiple choice) – The correct sequence of the four steps involved in anaerobic production of biogas from complex organics is:
  4. GATE 2025 BT Q19 (1 mark, Multiple choice) – Correctly match the following Product classes with their representative Products. Product class Product --- --- P. Biofuel 1. Cellulase Q. Bioplastic…
  5. GATE 2024 BT Q37 (2 marks, Multiple choice) – Match the industrial enzyme (Column I) with its application (Column II). Column I Column II --- --- P. Lipase 1. Maltose syrup production Q. Ficin 2.…