The GATE Grind

GATE General Biology: Immunology: MHC, antigen processing and presentation, regulation, tolerance, hypersensitivity, autoimmunity, immunodeficiency, graft vs host disease, vaccines – Previous Year Questions

6 GATE previous year questions on Immunology: MHC, antigen processing and presentation, regulation, tolerance, hypersensitivity, autoimmunity, immunodeficiency, graft vs host disease, vaccines (General Biology, Biotechnology) with answers and explanations, from every paper.

  1. GATE 2021 BT Q39 (2 marks, Multiple choice) – Match P Hashimoto’s disease, Q juvenile diabetes, R multiple sclerosis and S myasthenia gravis to: 1 brain, 2 pancreas, 3 skeletal muscle, 4 thyroid.
  2. GATE 2021 BT Q40 (2 marks, Multiple choice) – Match P type I, Q type II, R type III and S type IV hypersensitivity to: 1 erythroblastosis fetalis, 2 host reaction to bee venom, 3 systemic lupus…
  3. GATE 2023 BT Q16 (1 mark, Multiple choice) – Which one of the following drugs is NOT an immune checkpoint inhibitor?
  4. GATE 2023 BT Q17 (1 mark, Multiple choice) – Dendritic cells are involved in cross-presentation of antigens. Which of the following protein(s) is(are) required for cross-presentation? P. Basic…
  5. GATE 2023 BT Q36 (2 marks, Multiple choice) – Match the immune tolerance mechanisms in Group I with their respective outcomes in Group II. Group I Group II --- --- P. Anergy 1. Elimination of…
  6. GATE 2025 BT Q39 (2 marks, Multiple choice) – Correctly match the type of Hypersensitivity reaction with its respective Example. Hypersensitivity reaction Example --- --- P. Type I 1. Tuberculin…