The GATE Grind

GATE Plant, Animal and Microbial Biotechnology: Animals: Culture media and growth conditions, preservation, anchorage dependent and independent culture, growth kinetics, carrier culture – Previous Year Questions

5 GATE previous year questions on Animals: Culture media and growth conditions, preservation, anchorage dependent and independent culture, growth kinetics, carrier culture (Plant, Animal and Microbial Biotechnology, Biotechnology) with answers and explanations, from every paper.

  1. GATE 2022 BT Q37 (2 marks, Multiple choice) – Match the media component used in mammalian cell culture (Column I) with its respective role (Column II). Column I Column II --- --- P. Hydrocortisone…
  2. GATE 2026 BT Q63 (2 marks, Numerical answer) – In the process of generating a clonal mammalian cell line, a single cell was seeded in a well of a cell culture plate. After the first 48 hours, one…
  3. GATE 2025 BT Q20 (1 mark, Multiple choice) – Which one of the following hosts is used in mammalian cell culture for the production of glycosylated recombinant therapeutic proteins?
  4. GATE 2024 BT Q22 (1 mark, Multiple choice) – Which one of the following is an insect cell line?
  5. GATE 2024 BT Q39 (2 marks, Multiple choice) – Match the item (Column I) with its corresponding use (Column II). Column I Column II --- --- P. Glutamine 1. Detachment of adherent cells Q. Trypsin…